How to update principal contact details using OSCR Online
The principal contact is the person we communicate with when we need to get in touch with your charity.
This person can be a charity trustee, an employee, an accountant or legal adviser.
When any of the principal contact details change, this must be updated as soon as possible. This is a requirement.
Remember, we mainly communicate to principal contacts by email, so it is important that whoever it is has an email account which is active and checked regularly.
You can do this by using OSCR Online. OSCR Online can be accessed here.
The steps below outline what you have to do to update your principal contact details:
1. Log in to OSCR Online using your charity number and password.
If you forget your password, insert your charity number and click the reset password button. On the password reset screen, you'll be asked to put in your email address. This box is CASE SENSITIVE. After you do this an email is sent with a link that allows you to set a new password. This facility can only be used if it is the email address we hold on file.
2. Click 'Click here to View and Update your Charity Details'.
3. Click ‘Update’ under Charity Management to make any changes.
4. On the next page, click on the small arrow next to 'Principal Contact Details' to make any changes.
5. Update any details in 'Principal Contact Details' as required.
6. Scroll down to the bottom of the same page and enter a reason for update.
7. When you are finished, click the 'Update' button.
You can also use this update section to change other details such as the accounting reference date or add in additional details like a website link.
Any changes you make to information that is shown on the Scottish Charity Register will appear on the Register the next working day.
If you need any help, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org