Which external documents need to have these details?
You must put the charity’s details on:
- all your external letters and emails
- your website’s home page
- all your adverts, notices and official publications
- documents that ask for donations for your charity
- bills your charity issues
- direct debit and standing order mandates
- all invoices and receipts
- annual accounts
- educational, promotional or campaign materials
- legal conveyance documents about land rights (buying, selling or transferring land)
In addition to above requirements, it is good practice to put charity details on:
- all your website pages
- your charity’s social media accounts
- campaigns or adverts that are online, on the radio or television
- business cards
- signs and displays.
Add the ‘charity registration’ logo to your website to help you show the public that you’re entered in the Scottish Charity Register.