We have a number of functions that are set out in The Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005.
- Determine whether bodies are charities.
- Keep a public Register of charities.
- Encourage, facilitate and monitor compliance by charities with the provisions of the Act.
- Identify and investigate apparent misconduct in the administration of charities and to take remedial or protective action in relation to such misconduct.
- Give information or advice, or to make proposals, to Scottish Ministers on matters relating to OSCR's functions.