- Trustees’ Week 2017: 13 – 17 November
Trustees’ Week 2017: 13 – 17 November
10 Nov 2017
Trustees’ Week 2017 takes place during 13-17 November this year to celebrate trusteeship, inspire and inform existing trustees and invite people to use their skills and experience in a role that supports important causes. Trustees’ Week also encourages businesses to consider how supporting trustees can have huge rewards for their organisations and employees.
Trustees are the people in charge of a charity. They help to make the UK the sixth most giving country in the world. There are around 180,000 trustees in over 24,000 charities operating in Scotland. They play a vital role and make important decisions about a charity’s work.
In partnership with Scotland’s Third Sector Governance Forum, OSCR will be participating in two Trustees’ Week conferences in Scotland, one in Inverness (13 November) and one in Edinburgh (15 November). The conferences aim to celebrate the work that trustees are doing across Scotland. They will have have inspirational speakers, and informative workshops; but most importantly the events will present an opportunity for delegates to talk with other trustees, hear their stories and experience peer-to-peer learning and support. Both events are fully booked.
You can find out more on the Trustees’ Week website and join in on social media using #trusteesweek
OSCR Chief Executive David Robb said:
“In my six years as OSCR Chief Executive, I’ve been fortunate to see the huge impact that comes from the hard work of dedicated trustees. The 180,000 trustees of Scottish charities make an enormous difference to communities across the country, volunteering their time and working together to lead the strategic direction of their charities.
“We encourage anyone who is a trustee, or who is interested in becoming one, to participate in Trustees’ Week. Many people are booked to attend events held throughout the country that highlight the significant impact of their work and provide practical advice on how someone can become a trustee themselves – but there are opportunities to participate online too.
“As always, it is a privilege for OSCR to be involved. It is a brilliant opportunity to highlight the great work that goes on in charities and to show the ways in which people can get more involved in the Sector.
“Let’s make this year’s Trustees’ Week the best one yet.”
Notes to editors:
- Trustees’ Week 2017, http://trusteesweek.org/ will mark eight years since the beginning of this annual celebration of trusteeship, which aims to highlight the work that trustees do and their function in the good governance of charities. It draws attention to the opportunities for people from all walks of life to get involved and make a difference by volunteering to become a charity trustee.
- It is run by a coalition of charities, umbrella organisations, professional bodies and regulators.
- OSCR has trustee case studies here: http://www.oscr.org.uk/public/charities-at-work/trustee-stories
- Trustee vacancies can be found on the Volunteer Scotland and Good Moves websites.
- OSCR’s good governance guidance, which provides useful trustee information and support, can be found here: http://www.oscr.org.uk/charities/good-governance
Back to Previous Page