Orkney Heritage Society, SC004033
Registered charity from 28 January 1969
This shows the latest contact address that OSCR has been given for the charity.Address: East Bu
This is the latest postcode that the charity has supplied.Postcode: KW17 2SD
This shows whether the address supplied by the charity is their principal office or the address of one of the charity's trustees. Where the charity tells us that the address is a charity trustee's address, we must publish the name.Office/Home Address: E MacLeod
The charity's website address. This is a hyperlink to the charity's website.Website: http://www.orkneycommunities.co.uk/ohs
Current status of the charity.Charity Status: Active
When the charity last submitted a change in information.Last Updated: 16 Oct 2014
Whether the charity is a Trust, Company, Unincorporated Association, SCIO, Educational Endowment, Industrial & Provident Society or Statutory Corporation, the date it became that form, and any previous forms it may have had.Constitutional Form: Unincorporated association
This best describes how local or widespread the work of the charity is.Geographical Spread: Wider, but within one local authority area
This local authority area in which the charity is currently operating.Main Operating Location: Orkney Islands
The Charity and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act sets out 15 charitable purposes and one analogous purpose. Charities were asked to identify at least one charitable purpose which applied to their activities.Purposes: The advancement of citizenship or community development,The advancement of the arts, heritage, culture or science,The advancement of environmental protection or improvement
This lists which beneficiary groups the charity has identified as being the main focus of activities: children / young people, older people, people with disabilities or health problems, people of a particular ethnic or racial origin, other defined groups, no specific group or for the benefit of the community, other charities / voluntary bodies.Beneficiaries: No specific group, or for the benefit of the community
This sets out the types of activity undertaken by the charity from the following: it makes grants, donations, loans, gifts or pensions to individuals, it makes grants, donations or gifts to organisations, it carries out activities or services itself, it does none of these.Activities: It makes grants, donations, loans, gifts or pensions to individuals,It makes grants, donations or gifts to organisations,It carries out activities or services itself
These are taken directly from the charity's constitution. A charity's objects describe what the charity has been legally set up to achieve. They do not necessarily describe all of the activities the charity carries out in order to achieve these objects.
1. To stimulate public interest in, and care for, the beauty, history and character of the area of Orkney and its surroundings.
2. To encourage the preservation, development and improvement of features of general public amenity or historic interest.
3. To encourage high standards of architecture and town planning in Orkney.
4. To pursue these ends by means of meetings, exhibitions, lectures, publications, conferences, and publicity, and the promotion of schemes of a charitable nature.
Income and Expenditure figures are only available for all charities from June 2012. Prior to this, the data capture of expenditure figures depended on the type of form the charity completed.
Annual Return Submission History
|Mailing Cycle||Financial Year||Annual Return|
|The end of the financial year for which accounts and information has been requested.Year End||The gross income for the period.Income||Expenditure||The date OSCR sent the return to the charity.Issued||Received||The date the return was validated by OSCR.Checked||Overdue / Late|
|2010||31 Aug 2010||£5,731||£0||01 Sep 2010||11 Jul 2011||14 Jul 2011||Yes|
|2011||31 Aug 2011||£3,334||£5,541||01 Sep 2011||15 Jun 2012||02 Jul 2012||Yes|
|2012||31 Aug 2012||£3,205||£2,845||31 Aug 2012||06 Jun 2013||07 Jun 2013||Yes|
|2013||31 Aug 2013||£3,947||£6,357||02 Sep 2013||01 Jun 2014||02 Jun 2014||Yes|
|2014||31 Aug 2014||01 Sep 2014||No|
Charity Accounts and Constitutions
OSCR does not publish this information on the website. The public have the right to the following information under s.23 (1) (a) and (b) of the Charities and Trustee Investment (Scotland) Act 2005 from the charity directly:
- a copy of the charity's latest statement of account
- a copy of the charity's constitution.
Please contact the charity directly to request this information.
< Back to Previous Page
Details of charity trustees
OSCR does not keep a register of Scottish Charity Trustees. This is not one of our statutory functions or something that we are resourced to do. Information about Scottish Charities should be available from the trustees' report of the charity's annual accounts. Please contact the charity directly using the above search to find this information
© OSCR 2006
Database right statement for the Scottish Charity Register
Crown Database Right 2006
The Scottish Charity Register ("The Register") is subject to Crown database right. You may:
- Access the Register and download insubstantial extracts from it onto electronic, magnetic, optical or similar storage media. The repeated and systematic downloading of insubstantial parts of the contents of the Register may amount to the downloading of a substantial part of those contents;
- Download the contents of the Register for the purpose of illustration for teaching or research, providing there is no commercial purpose;
- Download all or a substantial part of the contents of the Register containing factual information of any description for any purpose which does not involve making all or a substantial part of those contents available to the public by any means.
- These are the permitted uses. Any other proposed use of the Register and its contents would require a licence from the Office of Public Sector Information (OPSI).